Real estate agents and salespersons
National Occupation Code (NOC): 6232
Real estate agents and salespersons act as agents for the sale or purchase of houses, apartments, commercial buildings, land and other real estate and are employed in the real estate industry.
Follow This Occupation
Job Duties for Real estate agents and salespersons
- Solicit property sales listings from prospective vendors
- Assist vendors in selling property by establishing asking price, advertising the property, listing the property with listing services and conducting open houses for prospective buyers
- Assist prospective buyers in selecting, visiting, inspecting and making offers of purchase on real estate properties
- Advise clients on market conditions, prices, mortgages, legal requirements and related matters
- Draw up sales agreements for approval of purchaser and seller
- May rent or lease properties on behalf of clients.
Real estate agents and salespersons may specialize in residential, commercial, industrial/institutional or rural real estate sales.
Working Conditions for Real estate agents and salespersons
Work is usually performed in an office environment, but workers often need to visit client homes and properties being sold.
Alternate Job Titles
- Associate Broker - Real Estate
- Commercial Real Estate Agent
- Commercial Real Estate Salesperson
- New Home Salesperson
- Real Estate Agency Representative
- Real Estate Agent
- Real Estate Agent Supervisor
- Real Estate Sales Consultant
- Real Estate Sales Representative
- Real Estate Sales Supervisor
- Real Estate Salesperson
- Residential Real Estate Agent
- Residential Real Estate Salesperson
- Real Estate Assistant
- Real Estate Associate
- Real Estate Professional